Salted Caramel Millionaire Shortbread
Ingredients (Makes 12 slices)
- 100g Mornflake superfast, or jumbo oats
- 125g almonds
- 75 butter (regular, or dairy-free)
Salted Caramel Layer
12 medjool dates, pitted
85g smooth almond butter*
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp maple syrup
Sea salt, to taste
- 250g dark chocolate, melted
- Begin by making the base.
- Put the almonds and oats into a food processor and blend until a flour forms, then add in the butter, and blend again until it sticks together. Transfer the mixture into a lined baking tin (9 x 9 inches), making sure it is pressed down firmly. Place the tray in the freezer for 30 minutes, or until firm.
- For the salted caramel layer, simply place all of the ingredients into the food processor and blend until smooth. Pour onto the base layer, making sure it’s even and smooth, then put the tray back into the freezer for another 30 minutes, or until it is firm enough for the chocolate topping.
- Lastly, melt the chocolate (you can do this in the microwave) and pour evenly on top of the caramel layer. Place the tray back into the freezer and freeze for a couple of hours.
- Before serving, remove from the tray from the freezer for 10 mins and slice into 12 pieces with a sharp knife - you can warm the knife under hot water, to make cutting through the chocolate easier.